Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SUPER HUB FIREWALL SETTINGS

I have tried to block YouTube on the firewall so that no device can access YouTube on my WiFi as my kids are added cted to it but have also managed to see adult content on it I have noticed that the access to YouTube through browsers and been stopped but android app of YouTube is still able to get on, is there a way to stop this app and block it from access via WiFi 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SUPER HUB FIREWALL SETTINGS

Hi Andrewnangela, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to block YouTube being accessed on your WiFi connection via our equipment. 

In regards to adult content, this is something you would need to restrict in your YouTube account itself by setting up the Parental Controls. 

Have you been able to sort this since your post?

Let us know, we're here to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That reply is right as far as it goes, but I found this exchange which shows that you can do it via VM's childsafe system.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Blocking-apps/m-p/3724583

But that only works as long as the child doesn't change the DNS names that VM users because that is where the block is carried out and the connection is via VM's wifi. But you can be canny enough to disguise that fact from your offspring so they can't circumvent. And if you block this way you lose access to You Tube too , except on your VM TV service.

Read this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/child-safe

All the other alternatives are much, much more complicated.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A cheap hub has very limited capability. However, something such as Google WiFi enables you to pause a device for whatever time period you choose, you can also create scheduled pauses for periods such as their bedtimes.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A lot of tech savvy kids have worked out that a pin hole reset of nearly any router device will get them access.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos