Menu
StuartGMC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SMS "your Virgin kit will arrive..." - Genuine?

I've received a SMS text from 07480 632098 stating "Hi, your Virgin kit will arrive Thu 21 Oct. Yodel will..." The message includes a link supposedly to the Virgin app. I've not had any email or other communication in respect of this and have therefore assumed this is a spam/phishing attempt to install something other than the actual Virgin app. Blocked as such.

Is this the case, or has VM determined I need to replace something and hasn't advised (which seems unlikely)?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS "your Virgin kit will arrive..." - Genuine?

Just don’t do anything if you are not expecting anything. It’s not unknown for people to misdial a number, that may have happened in you case.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS "your Virgin kit will arrive..." - Genuine?

Hi StuartGMC, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've received a text that you were not expecting. 

It sounds like the message may be genuine but if you've not ordered any replacement equipment then there's a chance, as mentioned by Tudor, that someone else has just mistyped their number. 

We can try and locate the account using the mobile number, if we are able to then we can remove it to stop any further communication. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos