Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SCAM Phone Call?

Yesterday (15/09/2020), a phone call informed me that my broadband was going to be disconnected in 4 hours due to a router fault, press 1 blah blah. Of course it was no button pressed and receiver down.

However, subsequently, I had to use a wireless laptop later and found that although I could connect to the router it would not give me Internet access. No lights were visible on the Hub 3.0 and I had internet access through a wired PC. I ran tests but didn't change anything and rebooted both the Hub and TIVO box both were slow to reboot the double arrow symbol on the TIVO box stayed alight for a long while but no faults for shown for my area.

Is this just a co-incidence or should I be worried that something else is afoot?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SCAM Phone Call?

The phone call was a scam call and, coincidentally, an issue cropped up with your equipment later in the day.

Is everything working working normally now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks was a bit worried as there was no faults shown on support pages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The service status pages typically show issues affecting very large numbers of users.

If you have any further problems, start a new topic in one of the other forums describing your issue ('Speed', 'Networking and Wifi' etc. depending on what your problem is). There are more responses in those forums from the community tech experts and someone will be able to help you.

0 Kudos