cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning equipment - barcode didn't work and now I've been sent a SMS message

maranjo50
Tuning in

I recently upgraded my package with a new router (replacing my old one) and I want to return the kit. I packaged it up in the original box and tried to return it at a local drop-off point, but that told me the barcode wasn't recognised. Great.

I've now been sent an SMS message from 07860 041003 saying:

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Good news, our Collections team is in your area and can pop round to pick up our kit from [my address]. Is it okay to get it on Wed 02 Nov? If so, please reply CONFIRM. Wrong address? Reply ADDRESS and we'll get in touch to confirm we've got your new one.

Can someone please confirm this is genuine? My SMS service flagged it as spam so I'm unsure now.

Thanks

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back to our Forums!

I can confirm that this is a genuine text message.

Do please ensure your equipment is ready and available to be picked up on this date, and we'll be able to scan this in at our depot.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back to our Forums!

I can confirm that this is a genuine text message.

Do please ensure your equipment is ready and available to be picked up on this date, and we'll be able to scan this in at our depot.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

In the meantime, having confirmed a collect request on 2 November, I have now returned my router in the Collect+ bag that was sent to me a few days ago.

I can't find how to cancel the collection, so do please advise - I don't want anyone to waste a journey.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

I can certainly contact our team to stop the collection here for you first, but I will need to send you a PM so I can get some info from you to do this.

Kindly expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W