Menu
jazzters
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Returning Equipment

Recently changed my package. Email from VM at the time stated that once the current Government guidelines have been changed they would contact me to arrange the return of my equipment using Collect+ or a doorstep collector. I received a text message from an individual (supposedly) from VM with the following message: (name number removed)

”Hi, my name is xxxx from Virgin Media - Please ring or text me to arrange collection of equipment. I am working in your area tomorrow. My Mobile is 07xxx xxxxxx thanks”

I just want to see if anyone knows if this is genuine or not? Thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning Equipment

It sounds like a Virgin Media box collector wants to collect your box, what makes you think it's not genuine? 

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We do have engineers doing collections so this could be genuine.

So you could reply as they already have your number but ask for details on what they are collecting. They should have the serial numbers of the items of equipment.

When they turn up make sure you ask for ID.

Obviously if you are uncomfortable with this then  don't reply.

(I'm a field based engineer, I don't have access to customer billing systems and my advice is based on 27 years field experience, thanks).

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jazzters
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Simple, because it was a text out of nowhere. Could be anyone.

0 Kudos
jazzters
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really appreciate your reply. So many scams doing the rounds I think I’ll wait until I receive something official. Cheers.

0 Kudos