cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention team numbers.

Thecrate78
Joining in

Hi I recently decided to leave virgin cancelled my contract and then started to receive calls from the retention team but the numbers seemed strange. Are these genuine numbers or a scam? [REMOVED] and [REMOVED].

I have changed my mind and I'm staying with virgin.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Thecrate78 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The number our team would usually call from is 0345 454 1111, I'm glad to hear you've stayed with Virgin. Did the caller ask for any sensitive information?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, he seemed to know alot about my current setup, type of router and set top box. It was a mobil no. Asked for details to set up a direct debit for an 02 SIM card. I ordered a new set top box which has arrived so I'm guessing it was genuine, just strange it came from a mobil.

Hi @Thecrate78 

Thanks for the update.

While the numbers posted have been removed as a privacy and safeguarding measure I cannot fully confirm all the details of its validity. You did receive your TV box as discussed prior which does put faith into it being genuine, but we can have a private message to discuss further and get peace of mind if you so wish. I am more than happy to.

Please let me know via the purple envelope. 

Sabrina

I had a mobile 18 months ago and was in fact Virgin retention team, maybe due to covid and working from home not sure