Menu
Closey1892
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Resetting account password

Hi. I am trying to cancel my package and am being asked to supply characters from a password I have never used. If someone could contact me to inform me how to reset my password so I can get this cancellation done as soon as possible thatvwould be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resetting account password

Hi @Closey1892 

When prompted by the IVR to enter characters from your security assword don't neter anything. An agent should then pick up the phone and be able to ask other questions (account related so have a copy of your bill handy) to verify you as the account holder. If you ask theny should also be able to send a reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be in a couple of days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resetting account password

Hi CLosey1892, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're wanting to cancel your services with us. The memorable word would be something you set up on the account to use to pass data protection when calling us. 

We are able to reset this in certain circumstances but will need to pass data protection first. If that's not possible, we can get a reminder letter sent in the post to you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide