Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rejected emails

Emails (@icloud.com & @ntlworld.com) sent via my home router get rejected by TalkTalk and Tiscali servers with error message TT992 i.e. I’m see as source of malware/virus. I have rule that Bcc:’s my sent emails to my inbox and even these end up in my junk mailbox so problem is definitely my end. Do I have to change my router or reset it or get it reconfigured with new IP address? Same emails are successfully sent via other routers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rejected emails

@ness1emoores wrote:

Emails (@icloud.com & @ntlworld.com) sent via my home router get rejected by TalkTalk and Tiscali servers with error message TT992 i.e. I’m see as source of malware/virus.

It would seem there was (perhaps still is) a problem at TT's end. Take a look at this recent post on the Talk Talk email users forum regarding a problem they are having with false positive rejections quoting TT992. Post 22 explains the issue.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/My-email-is-suddenly-blocking-emails-from-2-sender... 

I have rule that Bcc:’s my sent emails to my inbox and even these end up in my junk mailbox so problem is definitely my end.

There is no 'problem' at your end. Email spam filters view emails sent to a Bcc address as being suspect simply because spammers often use Bcc to distribute their wares. That almost certainly explains why your emails are appearing in the junk folder.

Do I have to change my router or reset it or get it reconfigured with new IP address? Same emails are successfully sent via other routers.

No - as you can see from what I have said already. In any event, it is the IP address of the sending email server (smtp.virginmedia.com or smtp.ntlworld.com) that is used to identify spam senders not your IP address. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Re: answer “No - as you can see from what I have said already. In any event, it is the IP address of the sending email server (smtp.virginmedia.com or smtp.ntlworld.com) that is used to identify spam senders not your IP address“ 

....I can send the intended emails to the intended TalkTalk and Tiscali addressees via another router - which I presume still goes through the virginmedia or ntlworld servers - so I don’t understand the answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ness1emoores wrote:

....I can send the intended emails to the intended TalkTalk and Tiscali addressees via another router - which I presume still goes through the virginmedia or ntlworld servers - so I don’t understand the answer.

The other point I would make is that if you go back through the whole of the link I gave you will see that the Talk Talk TT992 error is apparently objecting to the content of the message not the sender.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same email + same content. Just different router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to drop me an email from each of the affected addresses if I send you my email address?

I want to have a look at the headers.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks