cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register new account

RayAllen20
Joining in

New customer here 

I have a Apple Iphone 7 and it says "weak security" so I need to reconfig the router to WPA2/WPA3

I need to input my password but I have not yet been able to register my Virgin Media account & password ? As it refuses any attempt at setting a password saying that I am unable to use thst password. It confirms that I have met the criteria for the password letters & number but will not accept it. Until I get an account password I cannot set up my Iphone or router ? 

Can you advise please 

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RayAllen20  Welcome to the Community.

You don't need to access your My Virgin Media account to change the security settings on the Hub.

Follow the instructions set out here: iOS 14 'Weak Security' - Virgin Media Community - 4410050

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham 

Thanks for your advice about my Iphone 7 - weak security warning - Virgin Hub 3.0. The fix was to reset the Hub 3.0 using a paperclip in the reset pin hole at the back of the Hub 3.0. This returns the Hub 3.0 to its default factory settings including the numeric password on base of the Hub 3.0. Then on 192.168.0.1 in browser takes you to Virgin to screen where enter the numeric password on the label and your in. It will ask you to rest your password. Then go to Advance Settings - Security - drop down set to WPA2-PSK. Save and when with internet connected the weak security warning disappears from Iphone in settings. Thank good luck everyone else. Feel im getting somewhere now. Just need to figure out how I get the VM Account Register to accept any attenpt at setting a password ??

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RayAllen20  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with the My VM account issue when they reach this thread.  Probably be tomorrow when they get here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RayAllen20,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your My VM log in.

Did you get two verification emails when you signed up? They would be where you need to register. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide