Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Receiving spam calls from 02038397605

I have just received a call from a lady who told me there were issues with my internet connection. She said she was an engineer and she could sort it for me over the phone. She asked me to press the button to the right of my left CTRL key and the letter R. When I said (quite harshly) I am not opening my registry for you she hung up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Receiving spam calls from 02038397605

A well know widespread scam. Just put the phone down. You'll get them again. The number is spoofed and means nothing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving spam calls from 02038397605

I love getting these calls, especially these days when I'm stuck in the house "working" from home.

I play along with them for ages, I think the longest was almost 30 minutes, teasing them into thinking they have some poor unsuspecting soul, before hurling abuse at them down the line.

The funniest ones are where they ask me to press the Windows key and open files.  I keep telling them that it isn't working before asking if using Linux would stop me from being able to do this, yelling "Viva La Penguin" down the phone and asking if they enjoyed their time being wasted...

0 Kudos