Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Receiving Other Persons E-mails

Hi, I have been receiving another persons virgin media email also my own.   How secure is mine ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving Other Persons E-mails

Hi Craig_Hardyman, 

Thanks for your post.

Can you please expand on what exactly has been happening with the emails you've been receiving?

Also, can you please confirm if you have been receiving emails from us but addressed to another person? Or, if you are receiving another person's personal emails such as bills ect to your mail box?

Look forward to hearing from you

Beth

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, I / we seem to be getting mainly advertising emails.  The emails are addressed in the “to” section to another persons email address ***************@virginmedia.com.  Normally emails  I receive have my email address in the to section.  I could simply block the contact but was not sure if I was receiving another persons email.   My wife has her own ntlworld.com email and she is also receiving emails addressed to the same person so it looks like spam.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your email address will likely be in the blind copy field (bcc).  It is the method used to send emails to multiple addresses without disclosing the individual addresses to each recipient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Craig_Hardyman,

It does sound as though you are receiving spam emails Craig.

In this instance we would ask you to check who the email is actually from and block them for for the future.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is the problem.  I was receiving multiple emails from different emails addresses although sent apparently to a someone else’s email.  Therefore you can’t just block the sender as the sender is constantly changing addresses.  As suggested by another member it seems that the blind copy is to play.  A fake .Virginmedia.com address that they send the spam to.  Then blind copy all of us genuine people.  We can’t see the sender as it is blind copied therefore can’t block.  I have set a filter up to move to junk when addressed to the person in the “to” section so hopefully that will work.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone that responded.  

0 Kudos