Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Received a text from Yodel about a parcel from Virgin but never ordered anything

Today I received a text message from Yodel with the tracking number of a parcel from Virgin Media which I thought might be phishing as I've never had a Virgin account or ordered anything. I went on Yodel's website and checked the number out, turned out it is a real parcel?? Together with the fact that I was getting two marketing calls everyday last month (until I registered with TPS and blocked the number), I suspect a Virgin user has given a wrong phone number which happens to be my number?? Can you please look into this???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received a text from Yodel about a parcel from Virgin but never ordered anything

Hi PleaseStop,

So sorry about this. I shall be happy to help with this - please reply to my PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll get back to you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received a text from Yodel about a parcel from Virgin but never ordered anything

Why have I had four texts saying my bill is due and a text saying that my ordered will be with me soon the tracking number says that the item has been delivered then I got a text saying my mobile bill of £8 a month is due on the 16th of this month only thing is I have never ordered anything from virgin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve had the same thing happen to me did you get the answers you was looking for ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rachael,

A new VM customer will have either provided the wrong contact details or the agent who took those details down entered them wrongly into the VM system. A member of the Forum Team can get it dealt with, but their response can take up to several days sometimes.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this situation Rachael01977, please let us take a look into it for you.

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom