Menu
Haris1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Received a phone call from a 07 number

Hi, I was wondering whether if a number that called me was from someone from Virgin or not. They called me from a 07 number and just found it a bit weird.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received a phone call from a 07 number

Bit hard to tell without knowing the number, and it's not appropriate to post (what could well be) someone's individual mobile number on a public forum.

Did they leave a message? Have you recently given disconnection notice? A home-based outbound retentions agent is a possibility if you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Haris1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They just called me up and said they heard about me leaving, then they gave me a better deal and because I chose a deal with only one TV box, the guy said take a picture of the serial number at the back of your second TV box and said it to the same number on WhatsApp

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Haris1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are receiving calls you weren't expecting. 

If you have given your notice then depending on the reason for the disconnection, the outbound team may well give you a call. I would advise against sending a photo of your serial number though as a precaution. 

If you would like a better deal and have changed your mind, speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 so they can get the account updated for you. 

Let us know what you decide to do. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would be suspicious if they’re asking you to send a photo of a serial number via WhatsApp.
Did you give them any personal information like account details &/or telephone passphrase? Did they ask for your full account password? If yes to any of these I recommend changing them immediately.