cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real or Scam?

VM_IC
Joining in

Hi

I wanted to validate and verify if the Virgin Media 'Field Consultant' I have received email correspondence and comms recently is real?

I've recently decided to leave and have been provided a disconnection date (09/06/2022). I was contacted by the 'Field Consultant' to re-negotiate and agree a new package in recent weeks, but there phone now all of a sudden seems to be switched off, going straight to answer machine and no emails/txts being returned.

'Field Consultant' Name: Colin Bowyer

Email received from: [MOD EDIT: Personal details]

Email signature states that they are based at Virgin Media, City House, Manchester.

Any similar experiences or feedback would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably. It's normal practice at this stage to make such contact. The email address has been correctly edited out but if it is in the format firstname.surname@virginmedia.co.uk then that is a typical staff address. 

Thanks for the response.

Any idea on an alternative field contact number I can call to resolve?

I'm concerned that their mobile phone is going straight to answer phone and all my voicemails, emails and txts are going unanswered, especially that I'm about to get my services disconnected!

The usual customer service contact centres have confirmed they have no record of my recent correspondence or any newly negotiated package with the Field Consultant - worrying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am guessing it's their best parting offer. See Dave's response at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Retention-phone-strange-number/m-p/5019794#M47...

Hi VM_IC, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to get back in touch with Colin. I'm afraid we're not able to give out contact details for our field agents externally. 

If you've been unable to get back in touch with the agent in question then this is likely due to them being off work. This could be due to annual leave for even potentially off ill. 

Any offers given that are not taken there and then, may not be available at a later date. Due to this, if you are wanting to stay with Virgin Media, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can look at what offers are available for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs