Menu
TheRyanG
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Suspicious activity"

I've received a letter today informing me of suspicious activity on my personal email account.

I've attempted to reset the password as advised and have been informed that the answer to my security question is incorrect - which it isn't. When I've selected that I've forgotten my security answer and entered the requested information from my monthly bill, I've been informed that that information is also incorrect - which it isn't.

I've attempted to log in and change my password in multiple browsers, but nothing is working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ryan

0 Kudos
nathan_zetec
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds dodgy to me 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're feeling a little wary about this, I can certainly see why.

Is the email in question one that is connected to your online account? If so you can change the password for the email within the online account under "manage my mailbox" section. Let me know if it helps and we'll look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
TheRyanG
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

I don't have access to my Virgin account at all. The letter which arrived by post advised me that Virgin have locked my account due to "suspicious activity" and requested that I change my password.

When I attempt to change my password I am told that the answer to my security question is incorrect. If I choose the "I've forgotten my security question" option, I am taken to a screen requesting information from my latest bill. I enter my account number, area code, billing date and billing amount - all of which is 100% correct as I have the bill in front of me - and I am then told that the billing information is incorrect.

I can get no further with this and am just left with a locked account and a password reset process which is flawed in every way. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

We can look at getting this reset from our side. 

As I am going to need to ask some account specific question I will pop you over a private message now.

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat