Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam

I have received an e mail today  saying WM have not been able process payment on 21 April and will be disconnected if I don’t update payment details   I can see I paid by DD on 7 April. And next bill is due On 27 April. A link to update payment is provided  which looks suspicious

Here’s the email address the message was sent from webteam.virginmedia.sp579wtsgoelv17409@carpe-atomic.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No reputable organisation would send such a time threatening communication. Forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Checkout posts by @Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yup me too, deleted the e-mail. Came here to check and everythings fine.

Just beware, these a-hole MF's should be strung up or stoned to death. I have no sympathy for any of these scammers if anything happens to them and wish them all the best to contract the C-Virus.

EDIT

P.S - There are 2 going round and i have had both, both of which are mentioned in the scams post stickied at the top.

0 Kudos