cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ALERT! I'm hacked you and stolen you information

lorrainemg
Joining in

I received this email today after all my social media accounts linked to this email address were hacked. They are now asking for $600! How do I report this, they quoted an old password of min? Aside from changing my passwords what can I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there lorrainemg,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the problems faced, so we can investigate this matter I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM lorrainemg,

I'm glad you're able to gain access again now.

Do pop back up to the team if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain

Bamzzzzzzz
Joining in

Hello! Can you please let me know how you got them out, I have had all my social media’s hacked aswell as they have gotten into my email and asked for verification codes, really hope you can help me. Thanks! 

Please help me too, I have the exact same problem and they are slowly ruining every aspect of my life. 

Hi Bamzzzzzzz, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your email being hacked. You can find some practical advice here 👉 My Virgin Media email has been hacked.

If you've no longer got access to your email account, we can certainly check this further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm having the same issue, i have followed all the steps on the help like changing passwords and they still seem to be in my account changing social media and other accounts passwords, some of which have a lot of monetary value.

HI KIbble, thanks for the message, 

Can you change the online password, the one for the app and run a virus checker please?

Has anything changed since posting? 

Chris.