cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ALERT! I'm hacked you and stolen you information

Darvey
Tuning in

Hi all

I too have had this very same email. Ive had it 3 times now. It is also an old virgin email account that is deactivated, so may add weight to the inside job theory. 

They have also now hijacked my twitter and a microsoft account - fortunately all old accounts with no personal details in them.

I had spoke to an advisor on the phone 2 days ago but ive had no follow up as promised.

Hopefully someone can catch the liitle rat.

5 REPLIES 5

Darvey
Tuning in

I have also had this email - 3 times now over the last 3 days. However i've also had my twitter and microsoft accounts hijacked

The issue i have is access to my email - bare with me on this its strange!

I left virgin 3 years ago as i moved house and could not get virgin in the new property. My account was closed however i can still get access to my email account but only on my mobile phone! If i try and login on virgins page or change my password it doesn't even recognise my email address. I really don't know how anyone else could access it if i couldn't unless it was on my phone?

I have contacted virgin and they have said someone will be in touch, but nothing for 2 days.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Darvey 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have also faced an issue with your email address. Can I just confirm, is this an old email with us that you no longer use? Have you contacted us to have this closed?

Thank you. 

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Yes its an old account that i no longer use, i still have access to the emails via my phone but i dont use it at all. I contacted Virgin on the phone on Friday. The account should have been closed 3 years ago.

Thank you for confirming this @Darvey 

We can certainly look at getting this removed for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Darvey 

I have now sent off the request to have this email removed fully for you. Please do let us know fi you have any further issues with the email after 5 working days and we'll escalate. 

If or when you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley