cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential scam test

PColl60
Tuning in

We have just purchased a VirginMedia broadband deal which is due to be installed on the 1 June. The deal was taken out yesterday 4 May. All correspondence on this matter has been by email to date.

I have now received the text message detailed in the photo below which has lots of factual information about the installation. It is from a Mobile number. Mobile numbers are often the route scammers use to contact people.

Can you please advise if this is the normal procedure for VirginMedia to use and that the mobile number
07480  632160 is one authorised by VirginMedia?

I am concerned if this is a scam text how quickly such information has become available to the scammers. 

I welcome your comments and further guidance as to whether I should respond to this text.

PColl60_0-1620213317834.png

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PColl60,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. Apologies for the confusion with the text you have received.

I'd like to help - unfortunately the screenshot has not been allowed as this may have contained personal info.

Are you able to confirm what the message says please?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly 

Please see text message from mobile number. I have taken out personal information.

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Before we can install your Telephone Broadband on Tue 01 Jun we need to do some external work at [refers to my home address]. You won't have to be there while we work. Please reply CONFIRM if this is okay, or HELP if there's an issue. For more details visit virginmedia.com/install2

Thanks 

Patrick

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response. This will be a legitimate text from us as this seems to have been passed to the engineering team to prepare your services - we may need to carry out some wiring work to make sure this all goes ahead on the installation date.

Any further questions let me know!

Thanks, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly 

Thanks for the confirmation.

Kind regards 

Patrick