Menu
Ozzyzbbig
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Potential Scam Text Message

Hi, I received this last night from +44 7723 356716

Hi, it’s Virgin Media. Just letting you know we’re processing your order for you. We’ll be in touch with the next steps. Please reply for us to continue with the order.

To stop receiving messages, reply STOP. For help, reply HELP.

Thing is I did place an order at the beginning of the week, so was expecting some kind of contact from Virgin Media. I replied and I got the following: 

Me: How do I know this isn't a scam? Can you email me instead

Hello! Thank you for chatting with Virgin Media Sales Webchat. 😀

May I have your full name please?

I don't feel comfortable giving my full name to an unverified mobile number, even if I do have an order in process with Virgin. Can anyone confirm if this is legitimate? 

Cheers

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential Scam Text Message

Hi Ozzyzbbig, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion around the text messages you've received. As you had placed an order I'd be inclined to believe these messages are genuine, although I can understand your concerns with that not being very apparent and the messages just coming from a mobile number. It's always best to err on the side of caution if you're unsure.

May I ask what you had ordered? I'd be happy to take a look into it and see if we can see any related notes on your account to try & shed some light on this. Just get back to me via PM and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos