Menu
Highlighted
aidy1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Potential Scam/Phishing Call

Hi all, 

Just got a call from +8001836403 claiming to be from Virgin Media about "improving" my services.

While they did  ask for me by name, something felt very phishy (see what I did there 🙂  )  I told them I've already got max services (don't even think I do) they didn't argue the case and pretty abruptly went about ending that call with "Have a great day"

Heads up/confirm request from team would be nice.  Read on 180info mixed reports about number, some confirming with Virgin was actually them.  If I could make the request here, please remove my account from any future telephone "marketing" 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Potential Scam/Phishing Call

@aidy1972 wrote:

If I could make the request here, please remove my account from any future telephone "marketing" 

You can do that yourself following this link:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv-go-update-marketing-preferences 

signing into your "My Virgin Media" account and opting out of marketing.

Just be aware that AFAIK it takes 4 weeks for the update to take full effect across all the marketing call centres VM employ

Coenoby.

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer