Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Potential Breach of Copyright

I have received an email about Potential Breach of Copyright but I know that the information is incorrect and suspect that this is a scam email, I don't want to compromise my Virgin Media Account by giving my email address and password on the site that the link in the email takes me to but there seems to be know way of checking that the email is genuine. apparently ignoring it "will result in the permanent termination of any services you hold with us" 

surely there needs to be a safer way of dealing with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Potential Breach of Copyright

Read this:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-25-03-2019/td-p/3961172

answers all your questions.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential Breach of Copyright

Thanks for the answer it is exactly the email that I received but this should have been easier to find on the Virgin Media Website. I searched for hours before posting my question, going around in circles, and coming into dead ends. This is exactly the answer I needed and as it happens the link also showed a previous email that I was caught out by hence my caution. Virgin Media like most large organisations essentially leave users on their own to deal with this kinf of problem and don't really do enough to prevent it happening in the first place.

Thank you for your help