Menu
brianpointy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible spammer claiming to be Virgin Media

I've just had a call to my landline from a person claiming to represent VM. The number was 01752 ****** which I think is in the Plymouth area and not one I can trace to VM. There was the usual spam call delay after I answered. The person I spoke to seemed to think I had a problem with my router - variously something about not achieving its proper speed or something about security. He had a thick Asian-sounding accent and seemed to be all over the place with what he was saying. I hung up after telling him that I didn't believe he was legit and that I would contact VM myself. 

Tags (2)
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible spammer claiming to be Virgin Media

This was indeed a scam call. You might like to remove the number you have listed. There are an increasing amount of posts on here where the fake caller ID number the scammers use is actually a real number belonging someone else who is totally unconnected with the scam.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have asked for the number you have posted to be removed. The scammers are now resorting to cloning genuine UK numbers belonging to businesses & households. Posting these on a public forum could result in these unsuspecting companies or individuals getting prank or bogus calls themselves.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brianpointy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good point - I have now edited the number.