Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible scam?

Hello

I received a call from a mobile number claiming to be from Virgin Media - he knew details such as I was moving and wishing to set up broadband etc. 

He has also been emailing is there a way I can check this is legit before I progress?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam?

If you told VM about your move it might well be genuine. Message VM on this page to confirm:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs#message2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam?

I’m a new customer and just wary about giving any details in particular bank details out to a mobile number. I’m unable to process anything online as it shows my address doesn’t receive VM but the full street does. VM have recognised this is an error on the website and therefore having to do everything through the phone - it’s been a bit of a nightmare to deal with so far. I have spoken to numerous VM advisors however just wary about this as feel he was just after my bank details immediately after a minute on the call. Could someone from VM please get back to me to allow me me to privately message the name of the advisor and their mobile number to check this is legit before I go any further forward?

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos