Menu
Nannymkk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible scam by phone

I received a call from 01273651263 on my land line.  I was told to contact my provider as my wi-fi was going to be turned off.  Cant find anyway of contacting anyone at virgin - no customer support line?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam by phone

Hello

Yep this scam has been going around for a while, if it was VM they would have said so, it more than likely went around press 1 to speak to a tech etc.

If you look on the security forum https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security the sticky post have the latest phishing attempts that VM are aware off.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Definite scam by phone

This has been going on for ages - a recorded message from fraudsters saying that your broadband will be disconnected unless your account details can be updated, hold on the line and we'll connect you to........our thieving criminal call centre who'll ask for your log in details, your bank account, and then use that for financial and identity theft.

The number that appears to be calling can't be trusted, because for criminal gangs it is trivially easy to put in whatever number they want to appear on your caller ID display - and can even include the legitimate numbers of real companies.

Ignore it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks