Menu
buzzbee098
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Possible scam 'Customer Research' email

I have had an email, supposedly from Virgin that I am not sure of and putting email addresses and info from it into either Google or the search here on the forum doesn't bring any results. I think it probably is a scam, but is pretty well disguised

The email is asking me to complete a survey, by clicking on a link in the email.

The big red flag at the start is that it is from "Virgin Media Customer Research" using a non-Virgin email address... noreply@qemailserver.com

The hyperlink to the survey is [MOD EDIT: PHISHING LINK REMOVED] which again seems a little phishy! (See what I did there? lol) with virginmedia in it, but not as the domain, though I accept some companies use third parties for surveys

It then says, if you want to know more, email CustomerResearch@virginmedia.co.uk. However, hovering over the link, the hyperlink doesn't link to a mailto: but to a web address (http://CustomerResearch@virginmedia.co.uk), hough that might be an error, as the bottom of the email has the same link, but this time as mailto:CustomerResearch@virginmedia.co.uk 

Does anyone know for sure that this is genuine?

Thanks

[MOD EDIT:  Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam 'Customer Research' email

@ModTeam 

How can we advise on this when you have removed all the links. The mail is probably genuine if it came from Medallia but we will never know and it is pointless leaving this post in this way because it will forever remain a mystery what the OP received and who from. You could have edited to remove the "clickability" of the links without removing all the evidence we need. 

There is huge clue that is is genuine. There is an email address using a VM domain that VM reserve for communication with customers. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos