Menu
picnic_30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Possible router scam calls

I was contacted this morning from someone claiming to be from VM  saying that there was an issue with the speed and security of my hub 3 router. I had extreme communication issues with the 2 people I spoke to when trying to explain I was at that time not able to deal with the situation then to call back at 3pm. I have been completely bombarded by calls from various numbers and it has got to the point where I won't answer the phone anymore as no one responds. So I am presuming it is a scam. I am disabled and it's a worrying thing to go through. I used to just email the CEO through the Executive Director email address to get anything resolved but I don't think that is still operational and I don't know who else I can email.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible router scam calls

Can you set your phone to block the numbers ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Charliehg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had something similar a week or so back, pretty certain it's a scam

After a few repeat calls, I just picked up the phone and didn't speak for the next few calls, the calls then stopped.

Hopefully the same for you

0 Kudos
picnic_30
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

They called my landline so I haven't figured out how to block them. Plus they were using so many different numbers 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s a scam yes. Just hang up. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@picnic_30 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

They called my landline so I haven't figured out how to block them. Plus they were using so many different numbers 

Refer to this topic from today for some suggestions

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Fraud-phone-calls/td-p/4511695

0 Kudos