cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fraud - McAfee account expired.

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

I have been getting emails in my ntlworld account saying that my McAffee anti-virus account is about to expire. This looks like a scam - I have never had such an account and the source of the messages looks suspicious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ahrbee
Fibre optic

It is spam. Look at the numerous threads on this forum about spam and you will see there has been a recent outbreak of 'McAfee' renewal e-mails scams. There seems no answer to stopping it and VM monitors tell you to adjust your filters in webmail. Unfortunately, they don't work very efficiently.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

ahrbee
Fibre optic

It is spam. Look at the numerous threads on this forum about spam and you will see there has been a recent outbreak of 'McAfee' renewal e-mails scams. There seems no answer to stopping it and VM monitors tell you to adjust your filters in webmail. Unfortunately, they don't work very efficiently.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jeff_Reeves, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have received a spam/phishing email, I know how annoying these can be.

We would recommend updating your spam settings on your account as this can help manage and minimise the amount of spam you receive.

Information on how to do this can be found here.

Thank you 

Nat

Thanks Nat,

I can easily ignore emails like this but I will update my spam settings as you suggest.

Jeff

Hi @Jeff_Reeves,

No problem at all. If you need our help with anything in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!