Menu
Samii93
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Possible Scam

Hello everyone

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this, I’ve been receiving calls from random numbers for the last week. All hours of the day. Today I had calls one after the other from “virgin media technical support” claiming I have issues with my router and my internet for months”. Surely virgin media would not randomly call about this stuff? Especially when I have had no issues with my broadband. So I said I don’t have virgin media and she hung up. A few minutes later she called back I said you just called and she hung up. I then receive a call from another number an hour later from a male claiming to be the same, when I said I don’t have virgin media he said your lying why are you denying information for a free service. We need to refresh your router. I called him out on that he wasn’t from virgin media and that I’ve had no issues and if I did I would have access to this on an app or I would call direct, he got argumentative and rude so I said he has rude customer service skills and he shouldn’t talk to potential customers that way if he’s legit from virgin. In the end I got bored of the attitude and potential scam and just hung up the phone. Luckily no call since then. Please everyone be careful and do not give them any information. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Scam

Hi Samii93

Thanks for posting and for being vigilant here. We wouldn't call you for this, that's correct. 

Please see here for further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos