Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible Scam?

I cancelled my contract yesterday, and today received both a text message (from 07537 410420) and an email (from EquipmentReturns@virginmedia.co.uk) in regards to being sent out a ‘prepaid equipment returns package’. Both text and email contained my address registered to my virgin media account.

Stupidly, I replied to both of them without checking whether or not they’re legit. And now fear I’ve fell victim to a scam.

Could anyone please help me with this matter. I’ve tried contacting virgin media themselves via phone and email but getting nowhere with them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible Scam?

In this instance I would suggest they are likely to be valid as VM will require the rented equipment to be returned.

The VM Forum Team will be able to advise you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mushy_91,

that's the legitimate email address for equipment returns

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@newapollo wrote:

Hi Mushy_91,

that's the legitimate email address for equipment returns

Indeed it is, but as with phone numbers the displayed sender address can easily be spoofed, so caution is recommended.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks