Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Possible Scam??

Hi folks

I cancelled my services on the 22nd of july. To then get a phone call the next day from a mobile number - [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] - Which is a virgin mobile sim. The guy had a scottish accent and he told be that the staff member i called the day before was new and didnt realise that i was a long standing customer and that i was entitled to a better deal. Which was the fastest broadband package(108mb) and 250 extra channels and a sim card deal for much cheaper than what i was paying. He also said it included the new modem which has better range and an upgraded tivo box. So i asked him to call back the next day as i had to cancell my setup with another company first. So he called back the next day and i accepted it. He didnt ask for any payment details just asked for my date of birth for data protection and told me that was it all setup. I havent received any emails or mail from virgin media. So i gave virgin media a call and they didnt know anything about a new contract and i still had the cancellation in place. They then went to a retentions team. When i told the guy on the phone the deal he actually laughed and said "i wouldnt even get that deal and im staff". He told me that it would problably be a scam. So i called the mobile number that phoned me and it just rang out to answer phone.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are my details safe? 

thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Scam??

Hi there

I may be able to assist you. I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobR7

I'll leave you in the capable hands of Christy_D

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well later on today i recieved emails from virgin media confirming my new package details at the price quoted on the phone. 

And a new contract also ..along with a confirmation of the new sim card arriving.

So it wasnt a scam ..it just took its time for the confirmation emails 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the update, BobR7.

0 Kudos