Menu
emma125432
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Possible Scam?

Today I received a call from a mobile number 07971645688 calling herself Dee from Virgin Media. She knew that I had recently moved out of my student house and phoned saying the new tenants wanted to set up WiFi and that she would cancel the package for free and set my next house up with a cheaper package that came with more add ons. She asked for my address, which I gave. I then got an email from mail@virginmedia.co.uk telling me everything had been set up and giving me an order number but it didn't seem right. I am wondering if this is a real Virgin email and employee or if I have been tricked.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible Scam?

Hi emma125432,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. You have done the right thing by contacting us and asking us to check if the person calling you does indeed work for Virgin Media.

The good news I have checked upon the details you have supplied and with the information you have provided through your forum profile to confirm that the agent is a Virgin Media employee.

If you would like further confirmation of the agents name and what time you were called I will gladly provide these for you.

Please let me know if you would like further information and I will send you a private message so I can access to your account.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos