Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Possible Scam?

I received this email yesterday but I'm fairly sure it's not from Virgin. I have put in BOLD the strange wording that caught my attention. What do you think?

E-Mail Support

Virgin Media
[REMOVED]
12/5/2020 16:40

E-Mail Support

We noticed something about a recent sign-in on. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.
To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you take corrective action.
Use the link below to restore access.

Restore Access
Source: [[-Domain-]] Security Team 2020

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible Scam?

The miscreant emailed you at the email address for which the Inbox is blocked 😒

Forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Checkout posts by @Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped