cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scam alert !

VMComms1
Just joined

I received a text to my Virgin Mobile phone number today. It appeared to be from the same VirginMedia number that I get normal account texts from. 

It said "We were unable to validate your billing information. Please confirm your current info to avoid your line being suspended.

[MOD EDIT: Suspicious link removed]

"

I was a bit surprised as I shouldn't have any billing account changes. Looks like a genuine link, but I believe it is a scam. Be on your guard and do not enter any account details.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely a  phishing attempt. Forward text to 7726 and delete,  read more here How to report scam texts and mobile calls to 7726 - Ofcom.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

VelvetGlove
On our wavelength

I have had two of these SMS messages in the last two days, identical to that of the original poster above and was immediately suspicious.

The links given on these two texts were not the same. I have reported both to 7726 but unfortunately I couldn't send an originating number because they are labelled as being from "Virgin Media".

Hi @VelvetGlove,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you've received scam messages. 

We have some tips here on how to spot these and keeping your details secure here

Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bobette
Joining in

Same issue and the text comes up saying it's from VM.

Hi there @Bobette 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you have also faced the issues with this text, please do follow the advise posted above by our staff and we will report this on our side.