cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scam - Spoofed email address - webteam@virginmedia.com

GeeDee12
Tuning in

Hi. I keep getting emails from webteam@virginmedia.com saying:-

Dear User, your messages will be waitlisted.

Please update yourself to the newest version, so your messages will be delivered to inbox.

Use the link below to update your @ntlworld mail.

Is this genuine? should I click on the confirm link?

Many thanks

Gee

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Oldgitretired wrote:

So was it a scam email or not?. I received a similar one the other day and of course they did not show up and I could not see an appointment made on our profile page. We also have had intermittent broadband outages that last from 20 minutes to several hours.

The email referred to in post 5 was not a scam, however it was sent out in error as it referred to an internal issue being dealt with by the network team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for clearing that up. So my email was the same, I could have rearranged my appointments to fit in with Virgin media only to find out it was a mistake. so therefore can I claim the 25£ for missed appointments?

Hi @Oldgitretired

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Could you please expand on what the email stated that you received?

Could you also please let us know a bit more about the broadband issues you have been having?

When the interruptions occur, is there anything listed on our service page to explain it?

When did the last outage happen please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi this is the email received from the web team Saturday

Your Virgin Media engineer appointment – confirmation (KMM70709801V96740L0KM)

Hello,

Your engineer appointment is confirmed for

10/07/22 between 01:00-02:00

Please make sure that someone over the age of 18 is in when we arrive.

We'll contact you when we're on our way.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

WO-AN-01

The history is also on a thread " loss of internet " by myself.

Engineer did call last week to replace hub3 /connectors and adjusted gains this stopped the continuous drop outs and increased the speed.

But at12 pm on the 8/9 Jully,7.00 PM on the 10 July and 6.45 PM on 11 July (today) we had large drop out ranging from several minutes to an hour . The service page listed no problems, but the Hub3 log indicated large numbers of T3 errors. The error log I copied on the other thread.

Sorry for two threads. It only became two as I responded to suspect bogus email from web team.

Thank you @Oldgitretired

I will send you a private message now so I can look into this further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Have replied to your private message