Menu
DanD_Wales79
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible Fraud

Someone has apparently used my mobile phone number to attempt to setup a virgin media account in a completely unrelated town or city.

My initial conversations with virgin media have been fruitless as they refuse to cancel it because i cannot give them the name of the person who has attempted to setup this account.

i only have the address which i recieved through a text message from virgin media. Short of contacting the police, how can i stop this misuse of my personal information and prevent it from re ocurring?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Fraud

If its not in your name don't worry about it, the mobile number may have been mis-typed into the system when setting up the account for someone else and that happened to end up being your number.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Fraud

Hi there @DanD_Wales79

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that there has been some distress over a text message you have received in regard to an installation.

As our user @JitteryPinger has advised, this is more likely to have been a mis-typed mobile number on our system rather than fraud. 

Whilst we're unable to chat or discuss this account with you, we are more than happy to remove your mobile number from our systems for you. I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take the information from you and do what we can to help you out.

Look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos