Menu
RomseyRambler
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible Fraud from Virgin Media Text Service

I have received a text saying "We have been unable to confirm billing details.  To avoid suspension of your account please update details online" 

You then fill in your details (including password) and then the card details for direct debit.  I have changed my password thankfully but once the DD page came up it rang alarm bells and so I cancelled the page.  

robmclarensmith
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Fraud from Virgin Media Text Service

There isn't much in the way of reporting it direct to VM (or that I am aware of)
Though I am sure this post will draw some attention 🙂

Virgin do have an email to forward phishing emails to - phishing@virginmedia.com

All you can do is change your password (which you have) and forward the message to 7726 which is Ofcom's spam service. They may ask for further details e.g. the number it came from (if the message shows it)

Note: I would also change all passwords to accounts which used the same password.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Fraud from Virgin Media Text Service

@RomseyRambler wrote:

I have received a text saying "We have been unable to confirm billing details.  To avoid suspension of your account please update details online" 

You then fill in your details (including password) and then the card details for direct debit.  I have changed my password thankfully but once the DD page came up it rang alarm bells and so I cancelled the page.  

Virgin Media issued a general warning about such scam texts back in 2018.  See here Fraudulent-text-messages-pretending-to-be-from-Virgin-Media/m-p/3868442#M30659 

As suggested forward to 7726 if your mobile provider uses that spam reporting service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos