Menu
SteveG44
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please Help Compromised - NTLWORLD Account - Threatening / Extortion : Need Account Deleted

Please can someone help .... I have received threatening email trying to extort bitcoin purchases.  

They have my email and login password.....quoted within the email they sent me ... so can only assume they have access to all my emails and associated data + they are trying to set up new accounts etc.  

Please can someone message me; looking to have my old NTLWORLD account fully deleted. 

Many Thanks 

Steve

0 Kudos
SteveG44
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Help Compromised - NTLWORLD Account - Threatening / Extortion : Need Account Deleted

I should also note....I'm also unable to log into my NTLWORLD account (through Virgin) and change my password..... hence I'm panicking and earliest assistance would be hugely appreciated.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Help Compromised - NTLWORLD Account - Threatening / Extortion : Need Account Deleted

this is a old scam. your password has been hacked/leaked from somewhere else and they may not have access to anything.
Check where your passwords have been leaked from here https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Are you currently a virgin broadband customer.
If you are staff can help you reset the password. you then need to change any security questions and check for forwarding fules.
If you are no longer a customer staff can make sure the email address gets deleted
0 Kudos
SteveG44
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax.

Checked and yes, In August 2017 ...there was a breach. 

Unfortunately I had to leave Virgin in Dec 2015 as moved ( country and no cable ) 

Will a customer staff contact me on here ( or do i have to call a number ? )..... I have my old account details to facilitate deletion of account; which is what i'm really after now.  ( As unable to log on anywhere with current details and change password myself ) 

Really looking for account deleted today hopefully.... to avoid further contact or exposure. 

Many Thanks

Steve 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveG44, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear this has happened. I will send you over a private message to get this sorted. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos