cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone scam

Jutta84
Joining in

Think I may of just been a victim of a phone scam but not sure been phoned up from virgin media saying offering 30% discount to my phone bill for the next year as been such a loyal customer but not sure if this is the case or if this is something actually genuine please advise

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jutta84,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Can we ask if you have the number that contacted you?

We can check to make sure it was a genuine number calling from Virgin Media. Can we also ask if you gave the caller any personal details like bank account details? If so we would suggest contacting your bank if you think the call was not genuine.

To stop these unwanted call in the future please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/block-nuisance-calls.

Kind regards Jodi. 

The number was [MOD EDIT: Spoofed number]

Many thanks Jutta84,

We have just checked and the number you have provided is not one of our numbers. 

Please check the nuisance calls link we sent in the previous post.

Kind regards Jodi. 

HI Jutta84, this is not one of our numbers and I recommend looking at the link above for more information. We will be able to change the phone number but as all numbers are recycled so we could not 100% say that this will not happen in the future. ^Chris.