Menu
Highlighted
itekweni1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phishing

I tried to forward a phishing email received today to phishing@virginmedia.com and it was returned with following:-

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Fw: The payment for your latest VirginMedia bill failed", could not be delivered to phishing@virginmedia.com.

( " The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

554:554 5.2.0 MXIN602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=1VjjhbXKm3YGt1VjjhtPOX;sid=1VjjhbXKm3YGt;mta=mx2.mnd;d=20190306;t=133327[CET];ipsrc=80.0.253.75; ")

This makes me laugh as it was rejected for being spam yet loads of spam is being delivered to me and I have to spend time blacklisting the addresses hoping they do not get through to Windows Live mail which I use, can someone be so kind as to let me have a address to which I can forward this phishing email otherwise I will just blacklist it and VM will not know this email is making the rounds

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phishing

Paste the message as text into a new message and try again.  If it's doing the rounds, it may be posted here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security.  Check the links in the top pink boxes.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing

I believe you get this when VM already have had the message before and added it to their checking database. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos