Menu
Snowdrop63
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phishing email??

Just had an email from mail@virgin.co.uk telling me that my order is on its way, aiming to get my SIM to me by Royal Mail in the next 3  days.  It then quotes my full address, a long reference number, my mobile phone number, and the new SIM card number.  Then it says please keep this email handy when the SIM arrives as I will need the information.

Here is the thing - I haven't ordered a SIM - I rarely use my mobile as it is.  is this a mistake by Virgin or is it another phishing email do you think????  If it is has anyone got any advice, please?  This is the second dodgy email that i have had supposedly from Virgin.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing email??

Hello

VM are replacing all the older SIMs (rebranded EE) to the newer ones (pure VM) which will allow VM to manage the backend of the service, currently these still will be connected to EE but may change in the future.

If you check your current SIM it should be all red where the new ones are red and purple.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Snowdrop63
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much!!  Guess what?  I've just had another Virgin email that states that because they are making network improvements, I will be receiving a new SIM.  If that had been part of their original email, I wouldn't have got in a tizzy!!!

Cheers, Mike,

Kind regards,

Carol.

Another problem solved via this forum..

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Snowdrop63, we are glad that this has been resolved and please message us if you need any assistance ^Chris 

0 Kudos