Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phishing email

just had an email from Virgin saying   "Hello, (not my name stated),  Sorry to inform you that your package could not be automatically renewed.  The payment processor has detected that some of the billing details are missing asociated with your account are missing or expired.  Your package is now pending for disconnection from 26th March.  To continue you need to sign in and update your details".  There is then a link and a statement that is will take 3-5 days to update the account and then the automatic suspension will be lifted.  there is the Virgin logo at the bottom.

I assume this is a scam - urgent advice please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phishing email

Yes, it is a scam.  Always worth checking the latest security news:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-24-03-2020/m-p/4178668#M3...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Graham - I did try to ring Virgin but after 40 minutes gave up. Guess I'll have to change my password for my Virgin account, do you advise?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Snowdrop63 wrote:
Thankyou Graham - I did try to ring Virgin but after 40 minutes gave up. Guess I'll have to change my password for my Virgin account, do you advise?

No real need to change your password unless you actually clicked on the link and revealed any of your personal details to the scammer.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I never click on what i think is dodgy, so I should be OK. Thanks again, you're a real help.
0 Kudos