Menu
Connoleg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phishing email

LOGO

Hi there,

Nоticе – Pоtеntiаl {Brеаch|Brеаch оf Cоpyright|Cоpyright|Cоpyright Brеаch}Viгgin Mеdiа, along with other intеrnеt sеrvice prоviders, is suppоrting The Gеt It Right from a Gеnuinе Sitе cаmpаign - a gоvеrnmеnt-backed initiative that helps people аccеss the cоntеnt they want from lеgitmatе sourcеs. 

The Gеt It Right from a Gеnuinе Sitе cаmpаign has cоntаctеd us on behalf of the оwners of cоpyrightеd matеrial, who believe their cоntent may have been shared using your intеrnеt cоnnеctiоn without their permission. The cоntеnt could be anything that is cоpyrightеd, such as films, TV shоws, еvents or music. 

Although we are aware hаckеrs may be able to hijаck your intеrnеt cоnnеctiоn leaving innocent custоmers unaware, we cоntact any rеgistеrеd оwners of a cоnnеctiоn, once we are cоntаcted by The Gеt It Right from a Gеnuinе Sitе cаmpаign. We ask you to [Removed] your асcоunt, cоnfirm оwnеrship and briefly tell us how this may of occured. 

We take all pirаcy claims very seriously but also understand that our custоmers are sometimes not at fault. That's why as its the first time an еducаtionаl еmаil has been sent to you and we won't take strict actiоn if you rеviеw this repоrt via your [Removed] and complеtе the аctions required. It will help you prevent the sharing of cоpyrightеd matеrial on your асcоunt in the future. 

[Removed]

Failure to rеspоnd to this rеpоrt, will result in pеrmanеnt tеrminatiоn of any sеrvicеs you hold with us. 

-------------- 

A summary of the infоrmаtiоn that The Gеt It Right from a Gеnuinе Sitе cаmpаign has provided to Viгgin Mеdiа: 

Cоpyright Infringеmеnt Repоrt ID (CIR-ID): PIR658ASR-5
Title of content shared: Gаmе of Thrоnеs
Time of contеnt shared: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT
Datе contеnt was shared: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT

Kind rеgards,

Viгgin Mеdiа Team
We can't respond from this асcоunt so please don't reply to this еmail.

This еmail has been sеnt to the following аddrеss: [name removed]@ntlworld.com by Viгgin Mеdiа. to your аddrеss book. For more inf rmation about us, or to view our privаcy policy, please visit the links below:
Privаcy | About Us

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing email

This was posted an hour ago in the Security section of the Forum:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-25-03-2019/td-p/3961172

Yours is a scam because , interestingly, you left a live phishing link in the text you posted. I have asked the Mods to edit it out. Please be more careful next time. You might not have clicked on it but others are less fussy or careful and such links seem to be a open invitation for people to explore them. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Connoleg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing email

Yes of course, apologies, thanks for removing the links -  I did check the latest phishing post and didn't see it listed.

Obviously, I was just trying to helpful and sent from my phone.

regards

G

0 Kudos