Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phishing email received today

I received an email today purportedly from Virgin Media advising me that my account payment had failed and my service would be discontinued.  I was asked to click on the link below to update my account.

If you receive this email, go into your virgin media account to check whether there is any issue with your payment do not click the link.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing email received today

@GSalBram wrote:

I received an email today purportedly from Virgin Media advising me that my account payment had failed and my service would be discontinued.  I was asked to click on the link below to update my account.

If you receive this email, go into your virgin media account to check whether there is any issue with your payment do not click the link.

Would not waste the time checking as Virgin Media do not process late payments and disconnection in this time limited threatening way.

Does this email match any of the phishing email posts made here by @Int-Sec? If not then forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process webmail shows a Spam Content Found warning then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos