Menu
janetdavis
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Personal information

I've recently received 2 phone calls on my landline from someone saying they are calling from virgin media and my personal data has been compromised.  Has anyone else received any calls like this, I'm thinking its just a scam and not really virgin media but thought I'd see if anyone received a similar phone call

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Personal information

@janetdavis wrote:

I've recently received 2 phone calls on my landline from someone saying they are calling from virgin media and my personal data has been compromised.  Has anyone else received any calls like this, I'm thinking its just a scam and not really virgin media but thought I'd see if anyone received a similar phone call

Yes, it's (one variation of) a scam call. The scammers' aim is to convince you to allow remote access to your computer and, from there, to your online banking. From that point they will aim to steal money from you and/or personal information or may lock your computer and demand a fee to release it.

VM do not make outbound tech support calls like this, nor do they ever request remote access to your devices.

The scammers will almost certainly ring again (possibly with a slightly different story). Just hang up on them immediately and don't talk to them.

0 Kudos