Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Password to verify your identity as the account holder

Hi,

When contacting Virginmedia Mobile today despite having it written down I was told my responses were wrong. I can login online with a different password and view my account details etc.

How do I go about creating a new password that will be accepted when I speak to Virginmedia Mobile customer service?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Password to verify your identity as the account holder

With Virgin Mobile you can change the security answer via the update profile section when signed into the online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham,

You have provided me with best information. I have spent hours over the last 2 days using the Robot messenger trying to get help with an incorrect billing - for me it was a total shambles.

Why couldn't the person I spoke to today told me that.

I am going to try updating the profile now.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Graham,

There was a time I was considered an IT professional but when ever I use mobile.virginmedia.com I come across as a bumbling idiot or I am just to old to understand because I am senile...

When setting a security question my answer must include more than six characters and include numbers - not quite the answer I wanted to provide but have now done so. I wanted to include a screenshot but this is not possible...

Had thought I was going to be able to change my password as well but I assume I have to go through the pain of waiting for a human to respond before I can change it.

Thanks again for being the only human to provide some meaningful help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, you can change your account password as well via the update my profile page.

However, when calling in to Virgin mobile it is characters from the security answer they want not the account password.

This is different to the main Virgin Media system where you have a separate account verification passphrase, which is different to the account password and security answers and cannot be changed online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much Graham,

However, when calling in to Virgin mobile it is characters from the security answer they want not the account password. This is something I never knew and explains why I have always been confused as I thought I was being asked for characters from my password.

You truly are an insightful person - but again that has never been explained to me by any human I have spoken to.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi xviewer, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry you've been having problems clearing security due to the security answer. 

If you need me to look at updating the security answer, I can definitely help you with that. I'll pop you a private message now to take some details.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Melissa,

Please do send me a private message.

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem 🙂

I've sent you a private message, can you see it when you click on the envelope in the top right corner?

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos