cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset email received - can I ignore?

scarletp
Superfast

Today I received an unexpected email and hoping I can safely ignore it?  I am aware there was a spate of similar such emails in November.  I have definitely not been trying to reset anything lately so this was out of the blue.

Header included: Virgin Media - reset your password (KMM.........etc) and then said I had requested to reset my password for MY VM account along with a link to follow OR a link to contact you if it was not me. 

It was supposedly from The Virgin Media team and had MYVMRPW at the bottom RH corner.  All looked genuine but I did not act at all. Suspicious is my middle name.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello scarletp

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

It is always best in this day and aged to be suspicious.

Can I send you a private message to pass security, Then I can investigate if the mail was genuine or not?

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello scarletp

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

It is always best in this day and aged to be suspicious.

Can I send you a private message to pass security, Then I can investigate if the mail was genuine or not?

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

NigelASmith
Tuning in

Similar to Scarletp above, today I received an unexpected email.

We've received a request to reset your password...

I have definitely not been trying to reset anything lately so this was out of the blue.

Header included: Virgin Media - reset your password (KMM.........etc) and then said I had requested to reset my password for MY VM account along with a link to follow OR a link to contact you if it was not me. 

It was supposedly from The Virgin Media team and had MYVMRPW at the bottom RH corner.  All looks genuine.

Please can you advise.

Thank you

Hey NigelASmith, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you confirm the email address which sent it you please?

If you haven't requested it I wouldn't worry as I can't see anything on your account. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

it was 'webteam@virginmedia.co.uk'

Thanks,

Nigel

Hi @NigelASmith, thank you for your response.

We can confirm this is a genuine e-mail address. Is it giving you the option to respond to the e-mail?

Regards,
Daniel

NigelASmith
Tuning in

Hi Daniel,

this is a picture of the email received.

Thanks.

NigelASmith_0-1691575167762.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NigelASmith,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue! Sorry, but we're unable to see the image you attached.

Can you please re-attach the photo and make sure that no personal information is showing in the image? This could be the reason for your image being restricted.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

NigelASmith
Tuning in

Ah OK.

Text from email below then. Thanks.

Hello NIGEL,

We've received a request to reset your password for your My Virgin Media account. If you made this request, click below to choose a new password.

Reset your password

If you haven't tried to reset the password for your My Virgin Media account and this wasn't you, please contact us.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

MYVMRPW

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NigelASmith 👋

Based on the email and copy of the text you've provided, this is a genuine email from us. If this wasn't you, then it would be best to just delete the email. I've taken a look on our side, and there's nothing out of the ordinary with your account.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ