cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password for telephone support

Maggotdrowner
Joining in

Is there an up to date link on here to change the "Password for telephone support"? I spoke with you on the phone earlier and was told I could change my password after I logged into my account, but I can't find it on your site.

Cheers

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maggotdrowner wrote:

Is there an up to date link on here to change the "Password for telephone support"? I spoke with you on the phone earlier and was told I could change my password after I logged into my account, but I can't find it on your site.

Cheers

Dave

Unfortunately you were misinformed.  The telephone or customer verification passphrase cannot be changed online.

As I understand it the customer support agents should be able to change it provided you can clear other security questions.

Otherwise they can send out a reminder letter in the post to the registered address of the account holder.

If you still have your welcome letter the passphrase should be contained in it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maggotdrowner wrote:

Cheers

Dave

Unfortunately you were misinformed.  The telephone or customer verification passphrase cannot be changed online.

As I understand it the customer support agents should be able to change it provided you can clear other security questions.

Otherwise they can send out a reminder letter in the post to the registered address of the account holder.

If you still have your welcome letter the passphrase should be contained in it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for that Graham_A 

{If you still have your welcome letter the passphrase should be contained in it.}

I've been with Virgin since it was blueyonder (maybe before that?).. so 25+ years ago.. I think I stand a better chance of platting fog than finding my welcome letter 🤣.. OK I'll stick to the other way of authenticating myself to them.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maggotdrowner  I think that the VM Forum Team staff may be able to get this reset as well, but not 100% sure of that.

Incidentally I have been with VM since they were Telewest (Blueyonder) for around 20 years and I still have my welcome letter on file!

Hi @Maggotdrowner.

Welcome back to our forums.

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your account verification password. We can help regarding this. I have sent a private message to you. Please look our for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs