Menu
rokenasm
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Password for telephone support

Hi,

I’ve got an issue when I call telephone support and they ask me for my password but, it’s telling me that is incorrect is there any way to change my password?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password for telephone support

@rokenasm wrote:

Hi,

I’ve got an issue when I call telephone support and they ask me for my password but, it’s telling me that is incorrect is there any way to change my password?

They are asking for characters from your customer verification phrase.  This is not the same as your log in password.  The phrase should be printed on you welcome letter.  If you cannot get through the verification check with the passphrase the customer service agent will be able to ask you alternate security questions and then get a letter sent out with the verification phrase on it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @rokenasm 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you've not been able to access your account. 

The telephone memorable word would likely be different to your online log in. What issues are you needing help with? 

Let us know, I will be able to try and access the account with you if you're still needing help with your account. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rokenasm
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know that telephone memorable word is different to my log in password but it’s telling me that it’s incorrect the one that I have been trying. This means I would need a new telephone memorable word.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply @rokenasm 

Not to worry, we can take a look in to this for you here. I'll send you over a private message to try and get this sorted. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's all changed for you now @rokenasm 

Please let me know if you need any further help or support 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
rokenasm
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem @rokenasm 

Please let us know if there is anything else you need help with, we're here 7 days a week 🙂 The new password will now be the one that you use when  calling in. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
rokenasm
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I was trying to phone with new password and end of the phone call anyway Virgin refer to back to virgin .com I can not sort it online ,as I want to remove 1 item (Mixit TV) from my package.I live in Luton and Vitginmedia stores are closed .Could you please help with it .

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi rokensam,

They should be able to regrade your package on the phone.  It's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues - If they don't help try the cancellations route as they can change  your package too, options 1,1,4 and 4(thinking of leaving us)

You could also try the text messaging service.Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos