Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 161 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data-incident 19th April 2019

Does a company have to ask permission to use peoples data in this way. Not obviously negligently like data breach but marketing etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 162 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data-incident 19th April 2019

My wife has just received a phishing email about our Virgin account but it is on her own private Virgin email address not the main one that we get all of our Virgin correspondence.  How have these crooks got hold of this ?  It must be connected to this data incident.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 163 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd email from purporting to be from Virgin - Saying my info has been hacked on their server

I’ve so far had several phishing emails, one of which was from Norton stating my subscription was about to expire, I knew it was fake as the links didn’t point to Norton, the email address wasn’t the one I used for Norton & finally I haven’t used Norton for a few years.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 164 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd email from purporting to be from Virgin - Saying my info has been hacked on their server

Hi just got a reply from VM , Emailed them on the 8th will wait and see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Our ref: <FOR ref>Hi,Thanks for getting in touch with us about your Data Subject Rights Request, which we received on <DATE>. We'll get to work on your requests and we’ll be in contact within one month.In the meantime if there’s anything else you need, please call our Customer Care team. For Virgin Media you can contact us on 0345 454 1111 or dial 150 from a Virgin Media phone line, or for Virgin Mobile you can contact us on 0345 6000 789 or dial 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone.

Your data privacy is something we take seriously and if you'd like to know more check out our Privacy Policy. 

Kind regards,

Virgin Media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 165 of 165
Flag for a moderator

@fifibluenose wrote:

Hi just got a reply from VM , Emailed them on the 8th will wait and see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Our ref: <FOR ref>Hi,Thanks for getting in touch with us about your Data Subject Rights Request, which we received on <DATE>. We'll get to work on your requests and we’ll be in contact within one month.In the meantime if there’s anything else you need, please call our Customer Care team. For Virgin Media you can contact us on 0345 454 1111 or dial 150 from a Virgin Media phone line, or for Virgin Mobile you can contact us on 0345 6000 789 or dial 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone.

Your data privacy is something we take seriously and if you'd like to know more check out our Privacy Policy. 

Kind regards,

Virgin Media 

It maybe a good idea to buffer any expectations until businesses re-organise to work within the pandemic environment we all find ourselves in.

0 Kudos